Wednesday 20 July 2016

Potty Training: Girls vs Boys

I am not a potty training expert but having had two children, a boy and a girl, I have noticed huge differences in the potty training habits of girls and boys. My findings are in no way based on scientific empirical evidence but merely from what I have observed from discussions with other moms, what I have seen in the potty training classes at my children's pre-schools, extended family members and most importantly, what I have seen with my two little ones.

To me, it seems like girls are WAY easier to potty train than boys. Case in point- Noodle was fully potty trained by her second birthday while Squish, at two and a half, is still pursuing an ongoing, seemingly unending potty training journey. He is getting better at going to toilet when he needs to but we still have some work to do. I have heard that potty training gets easier in warmer weather, so lets hope that spring brings with it new beginnings.

In the meantime, here are some of my observations of boys compared to girls.  

GIRL:

Uses potty. All bodily fluids flow downwards in a steady stream into the designated receptacle.  

BOY:

Uses potty. Forgets to point urninary transmission apparatus down and sprays liquid on every surface but the toilet.
GIRL:
Has an accident. Shy's away in embarrassment. 

BOY:

Has an accident. Thinks it is hilarious and decides to replay the scene, this time pretending he is a fire truck putting out an imaginary fire.

GIRL:

Wears a panty for the first time. Keeps it on proudly.

BOY:

Wears an underpants for the first time. Quickly discovers the ease of removal and uses it as an opportunity to constantly play streaker. 

GIRL:

Needs to do a number 2. Indicates this need and goes to toilet. Blames the Minion on his underpants for making a poo.

BOY:
Needs to do a number 2. Does it wherever he happens to be. 

What do you think? Are girls easier to potty train than boys? What are your best potty training tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!