Monday 18 April 2016

Five Minute Meal Ideas for Kids

My little ones are always hungry. I mean, constantly. Even though I pack healthy lunches for them to take to school/ creche,  they are often famished when they get home. As our time is limited between getting home and dropping Noodle to her afternoon classes, meals are usually rushed. Here are some of my quick meal ideas that can be made in about five minutes:

1. Eggs

My little ones love eggs in every form and it is a great protein source (especially for my son who seldom eats meat). Boiled, scrambled, poached, sunny side up or in an omelette, these are quick and easy to make and go down well as a quick any time of day meal.


2. Wraps

I like keeping a pack of wholewheat wraps in the fridge as they are quite versatile for a quick meal. Our usual fillings include leftovers, cheese, tuna, cottage cheese and various salad bits.

3. Two minute noodles

I admit that these are not the most nutritious of meals. However, they are quick and easy and I up the nutrient content by replacing the sachets that come with them with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese and add loads of herbs, a bit of spice and whatever veggies I can sneak in there (cherry tomatoes and peppers do not raise any objections from the little ones).

4. Toasted sandwiches

Again, how healthy these are depends on the bread and the toppings that you use but the possibilities are endless.

5. Avocado boats

My daughter will not touch avo but my son loves these. I just slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and add a filling. Typical fillings include grated cheese, cottage cheese, salad, tuna or sweetcorn. 


 6. Tuna Salad

This is a staple for Noodle and is quick and easy.  I open a tin of tuna and add a little bit of mayonnaise, lemon juice and Tabasco sauce and then add whatever salad bits I can get away with sneaking in.
 
I also blogged about other quick and easy kids meals some time back- for more ideas, please have a look here.  

What are some of your favourite quick meal ideas which are child friendly? Please comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!