Thursday 5 February 2015

Introduction


Definitions courtesy of urbandictionary.com:


Jozi

Abbreviation for the city, Johannesburg (in South Africa).




Work at home Mom



Hi there and thank you for reading!


I am a twenty-uhm-thirty something work at home mother. I live, work and playing in a busy and chaotic Johannesburg home together with my dear husband ‘A’, my four-year-old daughter, 'Noodle' and my son 'Squish', who just turned one.


Noodle is a talkative and creative little girl and a typical girly-girl, with a love of princesses, tutus, butterflies and the like. At the same time, she is deeply philosophical and spends hours pondering the meaning and order of life and has many challenging questions for us. Squish is a tornado of energy with a smile that can melt icebergs and keeps us entertained with his rapidly developing walking-talking-climbing-monkeying skills.

Noodle and Squish


After a Master's degree and several years engaged in corporate politics, I made the monumental decision about a year ago, just before Squish was born, to leave my well-paying but extremely demanding banking job in order to spend more quality time with my family. It was a difficult decision since I had a job that I loved and which paid the bills, but having worked crazy hours when Noodle was a baby I knew that this was the right decision for our family. I have also always dreamed of running my own little empire and am confident that this is a step in the right direction.



I now work part-time from home running a consultancy business, which I am still trying to build up. It will still be a while before I can live out my fantasy of rolling in cash like Scrooge McDuck (which is unfortunate as I have an affliction for shopping), but fortunately I have a supportive husband and great general support system. For now, I limit my working hours to mornings when Noodle is at school. 


Working part-time means I now have the fortune of being able to spend the rest of my time engaged in family adventures and trying to raise kind, responsible and intelligent offspring with good morals, or at the very least try not to put them up for adoption when they are tearing the house apart and trying to kill one another. In addition, for 2015 I have decided to dabble in a bit of blogging. Welcome to a peek into my work and play antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!