Tuesday 21 July 2015

Eid ... and Other Random Bits

I just saw that it has been almost a week since I have blogged. Life has been a bit busy this past week, between WAHM'ing, some home fixing-upping (yes, these are real words, even if I just made it up now), minor medical emergencies (the type that happen when kids are kids), Eid preparations and other life events.

Saturday was Eid-ul-Fitr, which is a day of celebration marking the end of Ramadaan. A belated Eid Mubarak to any readers who celebrated.


Besides the religious aspect to this day, the day is nicknamed 'Eat' by some as it consists largely of eating copious amounts of food. To illustrate my point, breakfast at my in-laws comprised of roast chicken, samoosas, kheer (a rich, milky drink), naan (a type of bread), fruit and more. Lunch at my parents was biryani, roast beef and roast chicken, with an assortment of at least ten desserts. In between, the tables at both households were laden with an assortment of biscuits, sweetmeats and other snacks. The norm is to visit extended family members during the course of the day, where insistent family members will force-feed you with even more fat-laden delicacies.  We are still eating leftovers and I suspect that I will have to be rolled out of the house soon.

Some of my Eid goodies
Squish has reached the terrible 1.5's with a vengeance. He has taken to answering any question asked with a defiant 'NO' (even when he means yes). He has grown a few inches taller, which means he can reach more places, including the cutlery drawer, which is his current obsession. As a result, we have had to move all our sharp knives, which he thinks are excellent toys. Noodle is back to creche in the mornings this week (secret sigh of relief on my part- I love my children, but having two with me all day is exhausting!).

In other news, we are still running our Cresta gift voucher competition- you have till tomorrow to enter to win a R500 gift voucher to spend on anything that your heart desires. Please see the post below this one to enter and spoil yourself to some well deserved retail therapy!!! Hurry- time is running out! 

1 comment:

  1. sounds delish! at least you had some nice fruit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!