Monday 17 August 2015

Currently...

I realise that I have not been blogging as often as usual, there is just a lot of other stuff going on in the background. Let's see...


WORKING ON:

I am busy planning some exciting upcoming blog posts. Besides that, I have a new long term work venture (besides my regular WAHM'ing) and am busy finding my feet so that is occupying a lo of time at the moment.

ENJOYING:

I have so much to be grateful for. 

I love the warmer weather we have been having and not having to be wrapped up in layers and layers of clothing. The kids are having fun playing outside more too. 

I love the fact that my kids are playing together so well now. I even managed to go back and lie in bed for a few minutes yesterday after giving them cereal.

Despite being very busy, August has been a fun month so far. I got to be spoilt rotten by my husband, kids and parents for my birthday, lots of meals out, spending time or at least getting in touch with old friends, a games day with the kids and their cousins and an ice-skating trip.

Noodle and I built a huge jigsaw puzzle together and Squish and I have been making play dough figurines together. It now temporarily adorns our dining room table as Noodle will not let me break it again. 


NOT ENJOYING:

Recurring plumbing issues at home (yuck) and ironing as I still have no domestic helper. Laundry and ironing is the bane of my existence and I try to get through it by making a game of it, testing how many items I can iron in x number of minutes and 'clocking' the next level by getting to the bottom of one washing basket of ironing.

AMUSED BY: 

The fact that my eighteen month old son can count in Spanish (thank you Dora the Explorer) and that he is obsessed with 'sala tea' (Masala tea aka a chai latte). 
LESS AMUSED BY:

The fact that Squish has nicknamed my breasts 'kaka boobie' and 'other boobie'. Kaka Boobie feels offended. Yes, we are still breastfeeding, despite my plans to wean him.

DREAMING OF:

An upcoming family holiday to faraway lands, reading travel reviews online and planning itineraries. Exciting times ahead!!!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!