Tuesday 11 August 2015

How to Make Easy Peasy 5 Ingredient Cookies




You may have noticed two things by now about me:

1. I have a sweet tooth.
2. I like recipes that are quick, easy and simple.

Needless to say, when I stumbled across this very simple five ingredient cookie recipe, I knew I had to try it. 


This recipe is perfect for when you want something to dip in your tea or coffee but don't have basics like eggs or baking powder- the ingredients are all stuff that you probably have lying around anyway. Best of all, they only took about fifteen minutes in total, including baking time (prepping took only about five minutes).
 
The biscuits have more of a shortbread texture than a regular choc chip cookie one. When I made it, they were scoffed down by my family on the same day.

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Method:

Cream the butter and castor sugar until well mixed. Stir in vanilla essence. Add in flour slowly and mix well until you have a soft crumbly mixture. Add chocolate chips.


dough choc chips


Form into balls, flatten slightly and place on baking tray. Do not worry too much about expansion as there is no baking powder.

Bake for about 10 minutes (depending on your oven) at 180 degrees C. 

Decorate as desired, if you wish. (I just dusted them with icing sugar).  

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this recipe is so quick and easy. Now I want cookies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make some Moipone, you could have these in a few minutes from now!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!