Wednesday 8 April 2015

Inside Jozi WAHM's Kitchen- Strawberry Cheesecake

I am a sucker for cheesecake and having made my favourite, super rich, decadent and very fattening one this weekend, I have decided to share the recipe. Did I mention that it is easy to make and does not even need baking? Go on, try it... you know you want to!


NO BAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE

BASE: 
  • 125g melted butter
  •  1 box marie biscuits
Crush the biscuits (I am lazy so I whizz in the blender) and mix with the butter.
 
Press into a greased springform tin lined with wax paper. I cut the wax paper into a circle slightly larger than the pan and let the wax paper overlap slightly out of the bottom of the pan for easy removal.

FILLING:

Mix:
  • 1 tub smooth cream cheese, 
  • 1 tin condensed milk, 
  • 1 cup fresh cream, 
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and 
  • a dash of vanilla essence. Beat until almost stiff.
Boil 100ml boiling water with 2 tbsp gelatine. (Alternatively you could use 3tbsp agar agar, but I find that gelatine gives more consistent results. I use the halaal variety available from the spice shops). Stir until dissolved and pour into cream cheese mixture and mix well. Pour over the biscuit base.

TOPPING:
Top with strawberries (or any other fruit). On Sunday I did not have fresh strawberries so I used granadilla pulp and a bit of tinned strawberry. Kiwi fruit, tinned peaches or any other berries also work well.

Glaze the fruit with a layer of jelly (following the instructions on the box).

Let the cheesecake set in the fridge for a few hours, preferably overnight. 

Tip: To get the cheesecake out of the tin without cracks, loosen the edges with a hot knife. Dip the knife in hot water as you go along for a smooth edge. Then unclip the springform pan and slide the bottom off. Alternatively, you could make mini cheesecakes in greased foil cups.

ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sula and Cat. I hope you try it out some time- it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheese cake and this looks so easy. I'll have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing at the #ConfessionsLinkUp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love hearing from you!